CISA extends gracious invitation to all the stakeholders of the international community to attend the 2017 Workplace Exploitation Seminar organised by Council of International Students Australia (CISA).
Workplace exploitation Issues has been a major headline among the international community for the past few years. The work exploitation issues of international students have a significant impact on their academic success, welfare and personal development.
CISA is bringing all the stake holders including government authorities, non government organisations, international students and others to one stage in order to discuss and bring resolution to the current and prospective workplace opportunities.
The seminar will consist two panel discussions followed by a discussion platform and Q&A session. The panel will be chaired by the representatives from government, private organisations, student organisations, international communities and CISA executives.
To address the outlook of the workplaces for international students in Australia with the representation of responsible authorities and compile strategic policies in terms of work exploitation, which will be disclosed to the international community and all stakeholders for future reference.
- The panel discussion will be held to educate and advocate international students in terms of their workplace issues.
- The panel represents a wide range of international stakeholders including government departments and private organisations.
- The audience will be comprised of international students representing all postgraduate, undergraduate, private college, TAFE, ELICOS and foundation levels.
- This panel discussion is to be followed by a Policy Document providing a critical analysis of the current workplace exploitation issue encountered by the international students in Australia.
Key Areas covered in the seminar:
- Workplace Exploitation Issues
- Visa Obligations and Restrictions
- Government Laws and Regulations
- Student Rights and Obligations
- Workplace Ethics and Values
- Cultural Understanding and Appreciation.
- Department of Immigration
- Department of employment
- Department of Education and Training
- International Education Association of Australia
- Universities Australia
- City of Sydney
- University of Technology, Sydney
Key Details of the Seminar:
Date: 13th December 2017
Time: From 1pm to 5pm
Venue: HARRIS ROOM, UTS Aerial Function Centre, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Policy Panel: Zaheer Qazi, National Welfare Officer, CISA
- Panel 2: Arslan Kiyani, National Education Officer, CISA.
Catering: Lunch will be provided
please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th December 2017.